Avid made some big announcements and product launches at IBC 2017. The high-level takeaways are:
- DNxIV new Thunderbolt 3 I/O box in partnership AJA for $2,995
- Media Composer adds new titling tool and ‘Global DVE’ features as well as VM licensing
- Nexis storage adds new E2 SSD tier (9TB and 19TB) with 3,000MB/s bandwidth
- 100TB media packs now available for Nexis E2, E4, E5 storage (10x 10TB drives) for ~$0.34/GB
- Nexis Pro adds 40TB version to complement existing 20TB entry level product
- Editorial Management light-weight asset management for Media Composer and Nexis that adds web-browser UI functionality for assistants, loggers, and producers. Starts at $20k for 10 concurrent users
- Also now available: dialog search integration and a new QA tool for closed captioning
Mike Cavanagh (Key Code Media President) and Michael Kammes (Director of Technology) live streamed their take on the headline announcements on Facebook. Click below to watch online if you missed the broadcast.
James Page (Director of Business Development) condensed the Media Central announcements for post-production workflows down into a 4-minute briefing:
Key Code Media has more Avid certified engineers than any other integrator and is the #1 worldwide Avid reseller. Contact us today to learn more about any of these new developments.