Avid Connect 2018 (#AVIDConnect) kicked off the NAB week with several new announcements, emphasizing enhanced collaborative editorial tools for audio and video. Announcements include new products: Avid NEXIS |E5 NL storage, Media Composer | Ultimate, Pro Tools | Ultimate, Avid | AI, Avid Venue S6L updates, MediaCentral updates, and more. Here’s a breakdown of the announcements:
1) Avid Announces New Post Production Workflow Tools
Avid post production workflows centered on MediaCentral | Editorial Management give everyone—from small editorial teams to global media enterprises—the speed, collaboration and efficiency needed to take on the most demanding projects. Featured include:
- Intuitive media management in a streamlined user interface
Media Composer solutions that suit everyone
- Complete 4K I/O solutions in a portable and affordable configuration
- Avid NEXIS shared storage innovations
2) Avid Unveils Avid NEXIS | E5 NL
Avid NEXIS family extended to enable customers to seamlessly manage different storage tiers with optimal cost-efficiency and reliability. Featured include:
- Access archived media fast – faster access to archived media
- Integrate seamlessly into MediaCentral – new MediaCentral | Shared Library provides a powerful, flexible archiving solution for all types of assets.
- Get easy scalability – Scale from 480TB to 7.8PB, connecting multiple E5 NL engines.
- Gain peace of mind – Reliable data production and redundancy.
3) Avid Empower Creative with New Pro Tools, Media Composer, and Sibelius products
As of today, Avid’s Sibelius, Media Composer and Pro Tools solutions are each available in two editions for creative individuals and teams at any stage in their career. “First” allows creators to begin the journey. “Ultimate” is the go-to for Media Professionals.
4) Avid Unveils Groundbreaking Unified Platform for Live Sound Mixing
Extended Avid VENUE | S6L platform delivers unprecedented compatibility and modularity with comprehensive new line of control surfaces, engines, I/O racks. Including:
- New control surfaces:
- VENUE | S6L-48D: 48 + 2 faders, 160 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen, 5 integrated Channel Touch Modules
- VENUE | S6L-24C: 24 + 2 faders, 32 assignable knobs, 1 integrated Master Touchscreen
- VENUE | S6L-16C: 16 + 2 faders, 32 assignable knobs
- New engine:
- VENUE | E6L-112: 112 input processing channels, 48 mix busses + LCR
- New I/O racks:
- Stage 32—Maximum I/O flexibility in a smaller footprint for stage or remote I/O needs, with support for a mix of up to 32 inputs and outputs total, choosing from a variety of analog I/O, digital I/O, and Dante card options
- Local 16—Expands control surface local I/O capabilities in a compact package that provides 8 analog inputs, 8 analog outputs, and 8 AES digital inputs and outputs
5) Avid Updates Workflow Solutions for Sports, Accelerate Ultra-High Definition Content Creation and Delivery
Broadcasters accelerate their UHD production with Avid’s end-to-end sports workflows, which now include easy-to-use, cloud-enabled apps, integrated graphics production, and live content tagging and logging. By gaining production efficiency with workflows driven by the open MediaCentral platform, production teams can allocate more time to content capture, creative processes, and serving their UHD shows to every consumer device.
- Ingest, edit and play out content with Avid FastServe
- Collaborate on content creation with MediaCentral | Editorial Management
- Tag content using MediaCentral | Log app
- Automatically catalogue content with YEPCO Sports Data Feed Connector
- Collaborate with anyone with MediaCentral
- Store and archive content with Avid NEXIS
- Integrated real-time graphics with Avid Maestro family
- Display content in Maestro studio solutions
6) Avid introduces Avid | On Demand, harnessing the cloud and artificial intelligence for content editing and storage.
Avid | On Demand is a cloud service and solutions platform that provides media production capabilities on demand. Avid | On Demand lets media organizations conveniently deploy the capabilities they need on a per project basis with optimal elasticity—and without a drawn-out deployment phase or large capital outlay.
Avid | On Demand cloud services include:
- Avid | AI: A new suite of Avid and third-party capabilities that automate content indexing, such as closed captioning verification, language detection, facial recognition, scene detection, and speech-to-text conversion.
- Shared Library On Demand
- Editorial On Demand
7) Other Avid NAB 2018 Announcements:
- Avid Unveils Next Generation Maestro | PowerWall Display Solution for Affordable Studio Production
- Avid Unveils Additional Cloud-based Apps, Services and Solutions to Accelerate News Production and Delivery
Contact Us For More Information on Avid Broadcast, Audio, or Post Workflows: