Apple Mac Pro is now shipping! If you’re looking for an Adobe, Avid, and/or Resolve qualified Mac Pro tower- contact us! Below is a recap of the basic features within the new Mac Pro.
Here’s a list of important features that will be relevant to you:
- The new Intel Xeon processor inside the Mac Pro will have up to 28 cores, with up to 300W of power and heavy-duty cooling. You can get up to 1.5 terabytes of system memory.
- PCI expansion includes 8 internal slots- four of them are double-wide, three are single-wide, and the last one with an IO card for Apple with Thunderbolt, USB ports, and 2x 10-gigabyte Ethernet ports.
- Apple announced a new graphics card called Afterburner. Afterburner can process 6 billion pixels per second and can handle 12 streams of 4K ProRes RAW or 3 streams of 8K ProRes RAW. Wow!
- The MPX Module is a quad-wide PCIe card that fits two graphics cards, has a dedicated heatsink, and a custom Thunderbolt connector to hook into the backbone. Apple plans to spec the module with AMD’s Radeon Pro Vegas 2 or Radeon Pro Vegas 2 Duo.
- The power supply for the new Mac Pro maxes out at 1.4kW. Three large fans sit at the front, just behind the new aluminum grille, blowing air across the system at a rate of 300 cubic feet per minute.
- A rack mount version is also available.
- Alongside the new Mac Pro, Apple introduced a 32-inch 6K monitor, Pro Display XDR, which starts at $4,999. The Mac Pro will start at $5,999.
- The Mac Pro and Monitor will ship this fall.
Key Code Media has certified Mac Pro configurations for Adobe, Avid, and DaVinci Resolve editing in the near future. Do you still have questions? Don’t hesitate- contact us.