1 Position Available
BROADCAST ENGINEER – Austin/Dallas, TX
Key Code Media is looking to hire a Broadcast Engineer to support the ongoing installation of new broadcast and production facilities in Austin, TX. This engineer would be working with the Key Code Media Senior Solutions Architect during the construction and commissioning of the new facilities and remain on site after turnover as Key Code Media’s lead support engineer for the client station. This engineer will receive complete training on all of the components and systems in this installation as part of the turnover process.
The successful candidate should a solid technical understanding of:
- Audio/Video routing switcher systems, interface and terminal gear;
- Broadcast camera systems;
- Audio mixing and processing systems;
- Production switchers;
- Video servers and storage technologies;
- Digital asset management systems;
- Adobe editing systems, software, and components;
- Video compression schema, such as JPEG2000;
- Best practices for construction and repair of video, audio, fiber, and fiber optic composite camera cables;
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting practices;
- Reading and creating AutoCAD system and signal flow diagrams;
- Data switch configuration and diagnostics;
- Windows, Linux, Apple operating systems including active directory;
- Setting up of new and enhanced existing software, hardware, server, automation and workflow systems, projects, and equipment.
The successful candidate should also have:
- An Associate’s of Bachelor’s (preferred) degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering from an accredited university, college, or technical school;
- Network certification (Cisco, CompTIA Network+, etc.) is a plus;
- Strong customer service and communications skills;
- Positive attitude and the ability to work in a team;
- Ability to learn new skills and complex systems and the willingness to grow with the job;
- Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations, SMPTE and IEEE standards and recommended practices.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime hours as needed. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and have a valid driver license and good driving record.
This position will also perform support functions for other Key Code installations in Austin and Dallas, so it is not required that the successful candidate currently reside in or relocate to Austin