California ETP: The Employment Training Panel (ETP)Up to 200 hours of cost-free training for eligible employees of media companies
2022 ETP Contract Period is now open!
The Employment Training Panel (ETP) is a California state program that allocates funding to reinvest in employees’ advancement. Media companies like yours can take advantage of this program through Key Code Education.
Once your company is approved, employees can take 8-200 hours of training each! Most entry-level classes are completely free, while some advanced classes require only a small copay.
Classes include Avid Media Composer, Pro Tools, and ACSR Engineering; DaVinci Resolve; Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, & Photoshop; KCE Exclusives like Assistant Editing Essentials and Post Coordinator Essentials; and much more! Eligible employees can register for classes easily through our Education Manager, who can help with scheduling and class guidance.
Interested in ETP at KCE? Be the first in line for our upcoming 2022 ETP Term! Contact us here for more information.
Click here for our ETP Class List.
ETP Eligibility Requirements For Media Companies:
- Companies must be based in California and have a valid CEAN number.
- Students must be California residents, work full-time as W-2 employees and earn the equivalent of $23.53 per hour ($2.50 in health benefits may be used to supplement) by the end of their training which includes a 90-day retention after their last day of training.
- Students must take a minimum of 8 hours (and can do up to 200 to 240 hours) of training.
- Students must be actively training to remain in ETP and hold no gaps in training in excess of 90 days.
- Students must not be receiving training from more than one (1) ETP-contracted facility at a time.
Previous ETP Employers:
- ADVANCED DIGITAL SERVICES INC
- AMERICAN BROADCASTING COMPANIES INC
- AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
- BIG PICTURE ENTERTAINMENT LLC
- CAST & CREW PRODUCTION SERVICES LLC/PEO VIACOM
- CORDAY PRODUCTIONS INC
- FORMOSA GROUP LLC/ PICTURE HEAD LLC
- FORWARD PROCESSING CA INC
- GALAXY PRESS LLC
- HECHO STUDIOS LLC
- HISPANIC MINISTRY CENTER AND KIDWORKS
- HULA MEDIA SERVICES LLC
- JAX LLC
- JUMPCUT STUDIOS INC
- KEY CODE MEDIA INC
- LEGENDARY PICTURES
- MATHEMATICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC
- MAX POST LLC
- NEW EDIT LLC
- PACIFIC POST RENTALS INC
- RAINBOW DIGITAL SERVICES LLC
- SHED MEDIA US INC
- SMOKE & MIRRORS PUBLIC RELATIONS INC
- STUDIO PAYROLL SERVICES, INC
- THE AFRICA CHANNEL