MC201 Avid Media Composer Professional Editing I Overview
Focused primarily on short-form workflows, Media Composer Professional Editing I (MC201) will take you to a new level of editing and provide you with the tips, tricks, and in-depth knowledge to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional.
With the step-by-step guidance in this class, you’ll learn the skills you need to optimize your editing workflows, streamline your ingest process and manage your media so that you’ll become the guru that others will look to for expert advice. You will learn advanced picture editing techniques, how to quickly prepare for multicam editing and how to work with graphics and mattes. This class also covers compositing with the 3D Warp effect, color correction and an in-depth look at some of the wide range of audio tools and effects included in Media Composer.
As an official part of the Avid Learning Series for Media Composer, Media Composer Professional Editing I and its counterpart Media Composer Professional Editing II provides the training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified Professional: Media Composer through an Avid Learning Partner.
This class is designed for: Producers – Editors – Assistant Editors – Multimedia Producers
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Plan your editing process
- Input and manage media
- Use multicam editing
- Use advanced editing and timeline management techniques
- Work with graphics and mattes
- Multilayer and composite graphics
- Perform basic color correction techniques
- Prepare your audio mix using tools like EQ, compressors, and expanders
- Deliver a high-quality finished file
- Restore lost work using Avid’s autosave feature
- Relink media files
- Resolve common technical issues, including “Media Offline”
- Identify and adjust common Settings to increase efficiency and avoid complications
- Output the finished program according to common broadcast delivery standards
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
Completion of MC101 Media Composer Fundamentals I and MC110 Media Composer Fundamentals II or equivalent experience of 12 months of full-time editing on Media Composer. A background as an editor, assistant editor, director, or producer is strongly recommended.
Completion of MC201 and MC210 classes unlocks the Avid Media Composer Certified Professional exam.