DR201 DaVinci Resolve Editing and Finishing Overview
In this three-day class, you’ll get a thorough overview of the interface, tools, features, and production flow for DaVinci Resolve. Students will understand how to balance, create continuity and develop styles and looks which bring mood and tone to moving images and the storyline. Using hands-on lessons, you’ll learn the techniques used by professionals when cutting drama, documentary, music videos and action scenes. You’ll also learn to build eye-catching composites and visual effects in both the Edit Page and the new Fusion page, before learning how best to mix your audio in the Fairlight page and delivering your final film for digital cinema, broadcast TV or streaming services such as Netflix.
This class is designed for: Editors – Assistant Editors – Multimedia Producers – Cinematographers
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Choosing configuration and project settings
- Conforming a project in Resolve
- Round-tripping a project from Avid or Final Cut to DaVinci Resolve and back again
- Automatic Multi-point Tracker: Use this powerful motion tracker to quickly track objects with Power Windows: this allows the user to have a window track a feature in the frame, and auto-scale, auto-rotate and automatically change shape over time to adjust to the object
- Gallery Stills: Learn how to take “still” snapshots of images in the timeline to compare when matching different shots in scene to scene color correction
- Use stills to save and later re-apply color correction from one shot to another
- PTZR: Pan, Tilt, Zoom, Rotate
- Explore how to use sizing information in Resolve that was created in Avid or Final Cut
- Explore how to resize an image directly in Resolve
- Scene to scene color correction techniques to apply or append the correction from one shot to another
- Introduction to working with a physical control surface to operate the features of Resolve
- Rendering media for different workflows
DR101 experience or equivalent. A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh or operating systems.
Completion of this class unlocks the DaVinci Resolve Certified Editor exam.