DR101 DaVinci Resolve Essentials Overview
This class covers high speed editing on the revolutionary new cut page, which is designed for fast turn around work. You’ll also learn how to use the traditional edit page for more sophisticated projects, along with DaVinci Resolve’s legendary color correction, Fusion VFX and Fairlight audio tools so you can start creating your own Hollywood caliber film and video today.
This class is designed for both beginners and professionals. Beginners will find clear and concise lessons to get your up and running quickly. If you’re a professional switching from another system, you’ll find lessons that cover everything from keyboard mapping to detailed editing and trimming.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Learn how to set up projects, import media and use metadata to speed up your work.
- Mark selections, edit clips in the timeline, and use context sensitive trimming.
- Work with titles, add effects, and animate with keyframes.
- How to retime clips, add transitions, stabilize shots and animate photos.
- Primary and secondary corrections using Resolve’s legendary color tools.
- Match shots, use color management, create looks, grade multiple clips.
- Use PowerWindows, track objects in a shot, use curves and add ResolveFX.
- Audio sweetening and mixing using the new Fairlight audio tools.
- Deliver projects to a variety of formats.
- Plus dozens of tips and tricks throughout the book that will transform how you work.
No prior experience needed. A working knowledge of Macintosh operating systems.