FA400 Facilis TerraBlock System Support Certification Overview
The FA400 explores Terrablock, the industry-leading video shared storage solution for collaborative production networks. Learn about the Facilis Shared File System included with TerraBlock systems that easily manages the most complex, multi-platform network environments and enables collaborative workflows including diverse image formats and applications. Whether your job is 4K color grading, VFX compositing or HD craft editorial, working with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud, FCPX, DaVinci Resolve or Avid Pro Tools, we’ll learn how TerraBlock network shared storage provides the performance and collaboration that lets you create with confidence. In this class, students focus on the installation, administration, and architecture of the Facilis TerraBlock system, learning to connect, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Lab work and exercises give students practical experience in integrating systems and applying troubleshooting techniques.
This class is designed for: System Administrators and Avid ACSRs responsible for the day-to-day operation and administration of a Facilis TerraBlock system – Front-line maintenance personnel and Engineers – Facility or freelance technicians responsible for large workgroup environments in a broadcast facility.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Identify and understand Facilis hardware components
- Use Facilis hardware and software
- Describe Avid Facilis system architecture
- Use the Facilis Software Console
- Create and manage storage groups
- Create and manage Workspaces
- Create and administer User accounts
- Understand network fundamentals
- Describe Facilis Network topologies
- Understand Facilis configuration and performance
- Perform Facilis system installation
- Understand the use of external switches
- Perform basic Facilis troubleshooting and maintenance
- Be ready to sit the Facilis System Support certification exam
The following are highly recommended: Familiarity with editing programs. Engineering and networking experience is a plus or Avid ACSR certification.