DaVinci Resolve Post Production (2021)
This is our annual checkup with the Blackmagic team- DaVinci Resolve Product Specialist, Shawn Carlson will be joining me shortly to go over a few of the 200 new improvements- wait. 200 net new improvements!? Wow.. that have been added to DaVinci Resolve 17, released back in November of 2020. We’re focusing primarily on new features for Editors today- but colorists, don’t run away yet. During our live Q&A- Shawn Carlson will provide able to answer all your questions in real-time.
Steve McKenna from SNS will also be joining us to discuss Improving DaVinci Resolve Workflows for Media Teams. We’ll put our video engineer hat on in this segment and look at the tech considerations your team should consider when adopting Resolve for collaborative teams.
What’s New In Resolve 17?
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the latest features added to DaVinci Resolve 17.
- MultiCam Groups – You can now sync clips on the timeline and convert them to a multicam group
- Proxy Workflow – New proxy workflows dramatically improve performance and make it easy to move projects between systems.
- Edit Page Improvements- the above-mentioned New proxy workflows dramatically improve performance and make it easy to move projects between systems.
- Sharing – Timeline and bin files are easy to share and small enough to email. Removing the need to export full projects.
- There are over 100 new features, and 200 improvements in Resolve 17 – Including updates to HDR grading, Fairlight, Fusion, and much more. Take a look at the Blackmagic Design website to see all the new features.
Why is Key Code Media Discussing DaVinci Resolve?
- For over 20 years, Key Code Media has been installing for broadcast, tv & cinema, collaborative video teams equipment and systems solutions that work.
- We have been the preferred dealer and systems integrator for installing and supporting large-and-small Resolve collaborative teams- with edit, color & audio suites, shared storage, and ingest-to-delivery solutions.
- Our success in designing, installing, and supporting post production systems comes from our eclectic and experienced team that successfully installs a broad range of audiovisual, broadcast, and post-production equipment solutions.
- Combined that with our 24/7 KTC after-market support plans and certified training, your team has everything it needs to implement your ideal system with ease.
- Lastly, Key Code Education provides industry-recognized certification. If you work for a qualifying media company, your staff can receive free training with our ETP program. We offer a variety of classes covering DaVinci Resolve, and more! Check out our full class offerings on our website.