We ran out of time in our last live stream- Building A Television Studio in 2021 – so we thought we would do a follow-up episode dialing in on just the production control room.
If you need help building a studio- don’t hesitate to contact us.
What are the essential components inside a video production control room?
- Video Switchers – This is one of the first considerations in setting up a control space. This is where the Technical Director sits and runs this console. Some switchers are narrowly focused, yet extremely reliable- for productions that cannot have any failure (read, Live on Air). Other switchers take an all-in-one approach providing you a full suite of flexible software tools. Some video switcher manufacturers we support include Ross Video, NewTek, Grass Valley, Evertz, and Panasonic.
- Graphics– From simple lower thirds to modern things like Video Wall displaying a virtual set. The look and feel of your show are determined in your broadcast graphic systems.
- Audio – without it, you really only have a surveillance system- What is cutting edge for studio sound mixing- how do things like surround sound change the choices you may make?
- Comm Systems – Who in production can hear whom? This is the nerve center of making a production happen in its communications while in production.
- Replay Systems – For sports that need to play out that last clip maybe even in slow motion, which goes hand in hand with.
- Ingest & Playout – production often has pre-produced segments, how are those fed into the setup? For some productions that are not live- they ingest multiple cameras, as well as a line feed for later post-production prior to delivery- I’ve worked on Soaps that have used ingest for the post in a production environment. Edit while capturing, anyone?
- Encoder / Decoders – Decoders can help receive remote video signals from outside of your tv studio-like satellite trucks, and LiveU cellular flypacks
- Control Room Video Walls – a variety of reference monitors hung on custom brackets- help your control room team visually manage all the video and audio components in a broadcast.
Why Key Code Media Is Discussing Broadcast Workflows?
- Key Code Media is simply the best dealer and systems integrator for installing and supporting large-and-small broadcast studios, mobile trucks, and fixed facilities, as well as fly pack and remote production systems.
- Our success in designing, installing, and supporting broadcast systems and studios comes from our eclectic and experienced team that successfully installs a broad range of audiovisual, post-production and broadcast system solutions. Combined with our 24/7 KTC after-market support plans and certified training, your team has everything it needs to implement your ideal system with ease.
- Lastly, our Key Code Education school provides industry-recognized certification. And if you work for a qualified ETP media company, your entire staff can get trained for free. We are just about to launch a new ‘engineer track’ certification program- so contact us or subscribe to our newsletter to learn more when that becomes available.