In this episode of Inputs/Outputs, Avid will demonstrate their latest remote post production tool – Avid NEXIS | EDGE. This is a brand-new solution enables video post and creative teams to collaborate together, whether working in-house, on location, or at home.
In the video, we connect an editor in Los Angeles, with an editor in Toronto, connected to a NEXIS in Boston. Allowing creative teams to work from anywhere using the tools you already know and love and get the same user experience as if you were editing at the facility.
If your team is evaluating Avid NEXIS | EDGE, we recommend you book a strategy call or schedule a demo with the Key Code Media team- the #1 Avid authorized reseller in the United States.
Avid NEXIS | EDGE Key Features
Avid NEXIS | EDGE allows your team to edit remotely and get the same media access and experience as editing in-house. Enable dozens of contributors to browse, search, organize, edit, and review content using Media Composer | Enterprise (which includes Avid NEXIS | EDGE at no additional cost!), Adobe Premiere Pro, or a web client. And put an end to your media relinking headaches.
Here’s a breakdown of the key features:
- Enable dozens of contributors to collaborate from anywhere with a secure proxy workflow for Media Composer | Enterprise editors, remote media access to Avid and Adobe editors, and a web-based toolset for non-editors
- Browse, access, and edit projects and media using Media Composer | Enterprise, Adobe Premiere Pro, or a web browser
- Go from working at the facility to working remotely by simply selecting between proxy or high-res media in the Media Composer | Enterprise timeline—without manual relinking
- Enjoy the same Media Composer shared bin and project workflow whether you’re in the facility, on location, or at home
- Find all clips that contain specific words of spoken dialogue in seconds with the Phonetic Index option
- Pack up a project quickly to work in locations without Internet—or when air-gapped
- Organize and prep projects to support the editing team—without needing Media Composer or Premiere Pro
- Review footage and sequences from anywhere using just a web browser
- Bring in the talent you really want to work on projects—regardless of their location
- Get Avid NEXIS | EDGE and Media Composer | Distributed Processing included with Media Composer | Enterprise subscriptions at no additional charge.
Avid NEXIS | EDGE System Requirements
Take a look a the system requirements and proxy specifications for NEXIS | EDGE.
- Minimum file server requirements* (to run Avid NEXIS | EDGE):
- CPU: Dual Intel Xeon class, 10 physical cores (with multithreading)
- RAM: 64 GB
- Storage: 200 GB SSD for operating system and applications
- Network adapters: One Avid-qualified adapter minimum (as specified in the Avid NEXIS documentation)
- Storage: Avid NEXIS (on-premises system)
- For full-featured editorial (on-premises): Avid Media Composer | Enterprise** 2022.2 or later or Adobe Premiere Pro 15.2 or later
- For remote proxy editing: Media Composer | Enterprise 2022.2 or later
- For web client access: Google Chrome on macOS or Windows
- Video codec H.264
- Video bit depth 8-bit
- Video bitrate 3 Mb
- Audio codec AAC
- Supported audio bitrates 24 Kbps–640 Kbps
- Frame size 1920×1080
- Supported frame rates 23.976p, 24.000p, 25.000p, 29.97p, 30.00p, 50.00p, 59.94p, 60.00p 720p25, 720p29.97, 720p50, 720p59.94 1080i50, 1080i59.94
**Last modified 2/15/21. Features, Requirements, and Specifications are subject to change in future releases.
Why Key Code Media? Book A Strategy Call or Get a Private Demo
Key Code Media is the preferred resource for audiovisual equipment, installation, and aftermarket support. We approach both complex projects and equipment procurement with a high-touch customer service focus, ensuring equipment is delivered, installed, and adopted by a customer successfully. We focus on your vision and business needs, deploying solutions that work today and into the future, keeping you ahead of technology. (Calif C7 & C10 contractor’s #1010561)
OUR SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
- A/V Equipment (Conference Rooms, Lecture Halls, Classrooms, Video Walls, Collaborative Offices, City Council Chambers, Programming)
- Broadcast Equipment (Comm Systems, Flypacks, OB Truck, and Control Rooms)
- Post Production Equipment (Audio Suites, Video Edit Suites, Creative Workflow and Shared Storage)