Broadcast Equipment Provider and Integrator Combine Forces To Become Major Reseller Nationwide.
LOS ANGELES (October 2, 2018) – Key Code Media has reached an agreement to acquire Rocky Mountain and Southwest region integrator Burst Communications. The acquisition complements the strengths of the media and entertainment industry’s trusted media technology provider with the leader in broadcast and AV solutions, offering the market turnkey technology solutions and unparalleled engineering services.
With coverage in Colorado, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and Southern California, Burst Communications will operate as a new division of Key Code Media, maintaining their existing team. Burst Communications will also add additional competencies with large integration vendors, such as Crestron, Barco and Grass Valley.
“Strategically Key Code Media and Burst Communications have substantial synergies which will drive more value to our clients” commented Mike Cavanagh, founder of Key Code Media. ”Burst Communications has a 27 year legacy of excellence in Broadcast Engineering and AV, which directly compliments Key Code Media’s leadership in editorial, storage and asset management.”
Kirk Basefsky, CEO and Founder of Burst Communications, remarks that Key Code Media is the perfect fit to extend Burst Communications’ reach. “This acquisition is a huge opportunity for Burst Communications, giving us access to new markets, new products, and new offices while maintaining our core brand competencies that our customers know and love.” Burst Communications will continue under its current brand name and its existing locations, maintaining the full Burst team.
Burst Communications was founded in Denver, Colorado in 1991 by Kirk Basefsky, along with a core team of sales and technical experts. Embracing broadcast technology from its inception, the company has grown to be an industry leader in broadcast integration for TV stations, sports, churches, local government and education. Burst also has a strong presence in the Corporate AV space, designing conference rooms, classrooms, lobbies, and large-scale digital signage installations.
“Together, we will offer broadcast, AV, integration, and post-production solutions at a comprehensive level of support and services across all markets and geographies,” noted Mike Cavanagh. “This union positions us both to serve the industry with more advanced engineering and services- across the nation.”
About Key Code Media
At Key Code Media, we design, integrate, train, and support live production, post production, and media automation solutions. We focus on helping our clients maximize their budget, creativity, and workflow efficiencies.
Key Code Media supports production systems nationwide for broadcast, entertainment, government, education, reality television, pro audio, and a majority of the U.S. Fortune 100 corporations. Founded in 2001 by Mike Cavanagh, Key Code Media has expanded in Burbank, Irvine, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit and New York, with revenues exceeding $35 million per year.
The company pride itself on our extensive employee technical training, educating on manufacturer products, industry certifications, and hands-on field training. Workflow consultations and technical support are our core competencies, staffing 27 cross-trained, technical, and workflow solution architects and engineers.
For more information, visit www.keycodemedia.com, or join the company on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and YouTube.
About Burst Communications
Burst designs, engineers and installs creative, integrated systems for video broadcast technologies. Burst specializes in bundled solutions to complex projects, from hardware and software, to installation and training. Owned and managed by Kirk Basefsky and Robin Heywood since 1991, Burst is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with satellite offices located in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Texas and Utah.
For more information, visit www.burstvideo.com
Matt McClain, email@example.com, 818-303-3934
Terrablock Version 7.1.2 – Available Now!
This version addresses some minor issues found in previous releases, and it’s recommended for use when upgrading to version 7.1.
Facilis version 7.1 adds many more features that will help with the administration of large and small environments alike.
- Real-time and historical bandwidth monitoring of volumes and workstations – gives the administrator full overview of the network down to the user level.
- RAID50 and RAID51 management through Admin Console – completes multi-server management improvements in the new web interface.
- Preferred connection address – allows an administrator or desktop user the ability to choose an alternate network path, increasing available bandwidth.
- Automatic load balancing of clients – helps administrators aggregate multiple network uplinks, and adds throughput simply by adding uplinks with no manual setup required.
- Remote client deployment – eases the load on administrators during server upgrades by automatically updating connected clients to the latest software version.
FastTracker Version 2.5 – Available Now!
The latest FastTracker asset tracking software including Adobe CC Panel is available for any Facilis customer on a valid support contract.
This new update of FastTracker Version 2.5 is filled with:
- FastTracker CC Panel for Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Improved network, local and LTFS directory indexing
- Import/export of metadata tags for customization
Reach out for more information:
Follow us on Facebook
- Trade-in your @Facilis Terrablock for HUB and receive up to up to $7500 off! Contact us for more information on “Facilis HUB”. #SharedStorage #FacilisHUB #PostProduction #FastTracker #LTOStorage https://www.keycodemedia.com/2019/06/03/facilis-q2-2019-trade-in-promotions/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8myCgmfeZ9-dbqPhW1y9oedvqr6x7nVgCHvp5jp5gRp_fSt0g1PFJMUZ_F8S3oDua0so2X …
- Now On-Demand: @MediaComposer Post ProductionSpecial thanks to our sponsors: @Avid, MOG, @Storage_DNA and @Telestream #postproduction #mediacomposer #postchat #workflow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3zUARrQDn4 …
- Full house for the new 2019 version of @MediaComposer @Avid @LA_MichaelK @KeyCodeMediapic.twitter.com/nVBFkUjPw3